June 13th, 2012
But there’s more to yellow squash than slicing and frying. You can saute it as well. My cousin whipped up a delicious light meal the other day. Although I’ve made similar dishes, I thought I’d give her specific ingredients a try. It just sounded so good!
Skillet Dish: Squash & Potatoes
- 1 or 2 small yellow squashes, diced
- 4-6 new potatoes, diced (peel or not, it’s up to your preference)
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- salt and/or pepper to taste
- butter to taste
- Dice squash, onions, and new potatoes.
- Place in skillet and add a little water to the pan so the veggies can get their steam on.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- At this time, add a little butter if you allow it in your diet.
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook slowly until tender.
And that’s it! When the veggies are tender, enjoy as a light snack or meal or use as a side dish.
NOTE: I left the peels on. I personally love vegetables with their peels left on if at all possible.